Since it is October and finally starting to get cooler, I decided Breck needed some shoes. Being a December baby, he only wore socks and airplane robeez (Thanks Copelands) last winter and has been bare foot all summer. So, I took my baby into Stride Rite, where the sales lady insisted I needed to buy him walkers. He screamed bloody murder while she was getting them on his feet, but she insisted that all babies have to get used to shoes and this is what we needed - I should have listened to my baby. Anyway, we got home and I quickly realized he is going to hate these things. They are enormous!! He can hardly crawl, much less pull up; even when he is sitting his feet look like they are going funny directions, and I swear they add five pounds and make carrying him awkward.
Don't worry, I have since figured out that everyone buys the adorable soft shoes, and I have made not one, but two purchases. So here is a picture in his walkers, just in case he never wears them again!!




3 comments:
Looks like being at Pam Pam's made him alot happier!!
I bought Harper Jones' little girl a pair of the cute white leather sandals that we all wore when we were little bc Harper said she couldn't find any that didn't look like they had been bedazzled. Anyway- she had been walking a while at this point and she still hated them! Screamed what Harper calls her Kidnapper Scream everytime Harper got near her with them. Go to her blog to see funny pics of poor Causey being tormented with my gift! lifewithcausey.blogspot.com She finally got her to like them but it took a while!
Both of the boys wore "walkers". They really do look like clodhoppers! I would let him wear the soft ones until he learns to walk and then put him in those ugly things. It really does support their ankles in the beginning. They look like nurse shoes!
Post a Comment